Sunday, December 23, 2007

NO STOPPIN’ ME NOW

lyrics by Stan C. Countz

Anticipation builds as the room begins to fill
Now they’re sittin’ down and finally sittin’ still
Should I rehearse my verse or concentrate and chill?
Will they reject me or accept me and be thrilled?

Everyone is in their places and they've all taken their seats
It seems to me a sea of faces are now staring out at me
It's the stuff of dreams and the crowd seems nervous
(Or maybe that's just me?)Still learnin’, tryin’ to determine
if they’re laughin’ at or with me

Will my butterflies line up in neat little rows; will I go sharp or flat?
Will I miss the highs and lows or will I hit the note right off the bat?
Will they just sit there and stare or sing along or stand and clap?
Will it be all right or will it all go wrong? Will I be comin’ back?

Will they like my song or should I just stick with prose?
Will they hum and sing along or should I strike a pose?
Will they miss the point or will it hit ‘em right in the nose?
Will I rock the joint or will my chance go up in smoke?

The acts before me are beginning to bore me. Do I stand a chance?
How will it affect me if they reject or adore me?
What’ve I got to lose? My skills have grown, but I’m still unknown
Who even knew I could sing or dance?
Gotta try my wings and give my dreams a chance

The acts are many and various, funny and hilarious
but I think this is the scariest thing I’ve ever done.
This may be shockin’ but my knees are knockin’
Hope I won’t be floppin’ ‘cuz there ain’t no stoppin’ me now

Movin’ and groovin’ and on a roll, the band playin’ behind me
Singin’ out my heart and soul; hopin’ someone big will sign me
The show’s a rockin’ and there ain’t no toppin’ this feelin’ now
Rockin’ and reelin’, dancin’ on the ceilin’
’til I take my final bow

Won’t know where we stand ‘til the standin’ ovation
Won’t know if its quittin’ time or time for a celebration
Ain’t stoppin’ me ‘til we steal the show or take a bow
My knees are knockin but there ain’t no stoppin’ me now

No comments: